Thursday, March 26, 2009

happy days #7


Or, Wanda's Pie in the Sky and Other Adventures...

D and I like to walk down through Kensington Market and Chinatown at least once a week, mostly for fresh veggies, cheese and the occasional fish or two. This past weekend was especially nice and sunny, perfect for taking the little plastic camera out for a stroll.

Image010_10

First stop, Wanda's Pie in the Sky. Plenty of eager sidewalk coffee drinkers outside, soaking up the first spring sun.



Image007_7

Blueberry, apple and strawberry rhubarb, oh my!



Image008_8

I like that there's a large communal table inside to spread out the weekend comics.



Image019_21

The view from Spadina and St. Andrew.



Image019_24

My favourite lunchtime treat, especially when I get to meet my mom and we head on over to our fave spot for two small "everything, everything" noodles and iced coffees.



Image016_21

I'd need to feel especially brave to pick through these massive buckets of pickled veg. They are so tasty, it's kinda worth it...



Image015_17

Back in the Market, a stand for fresh squeezed/pressed/spun juice.



Image012_13

Good Egg is pretty much my favourite store in the whole wide world. I wish I had an entire glamourous, sunny East Wing (oh East Egg!) in my pretend future house with this shop plunked down right in the middle of it. I could la-dee-da my afternoons away, reading fabulous books about food and travel and gardening, with a happy little soup simmering away in a mini orange Le Creuset pot...


Image014_16

Window display at Good Egg.



Image015_23

Homeward bound.



No comments:

Post a Comment